How to eat and drink safely at work during COVID
Eating and drinking is now similar to an aseptic procedure!!
- Do not eat or drink in clinical/ ward areas or shared office spaces at all – must leave the area. Exceptions for limited spaces in tea rooms by set numbers allowed
- Go to specific area for eating/drinking (preferably outside)
- Stand several meters away from others (minimum 1.5m away)
- Clean hands first, remove shield, remove mask by ear elastic only (do not touch front of mask) , dispose of in bin
- Clean hands thoroughly
- Ensure any surface such as table is clean – wipe down any surface with WIPES prior to eating
- NOW you can eat or drink – REMEMBER you are potentially a risk to others with PPE off so do not get friendly during this time!
- When finished – in reverse, wipe down surface, clean hands, new mask on and face shield
- Clean hands again