Russell’s Webinar Catch Ups
With the start of Spring, we started something new here at Western Health.
Every second Tuesday at 2pm, Russell will hold an informal webinar for approx 30 minutes. These will not be in the style of our usual CEO forums, however, instead will be an opportunity for you to hear the latest issues and any changes coming our way.
These webinars will be open to all staff, with Login details distributed to all staff on the Tuesday morning.
You will also have the chance to submit some questions and Russell will answer a number of these. Those that can’t be answered in the time available will help him understand what you would like to know. He will then include answers where possible, in the various staff bulletins.
Links to the recorded webinars will also be available – initially on the coronavirus site – for those who would like to watch them at a different time.
Click on the Catch-Up dates below to see these recordings.
Russell's Catch-Up - 16 February 2021
Russell's Catch-Up - 19 January 2021
Russell's Catch-Up - 15 December 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 17 November 2020
Click here or on the image to view Russell’s webinar.
Russell's Catch-Up - 4 November 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 21 October 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 6 October 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 29 September 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 15 September 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 8 September 2020
Russell's Catch-Up - 2 September 2020
Click here or on the image to view Russell’s webinar. Password: ^r.0!*ga
Russell has commenced his Tuesday afternoon webinars, which are open to all staff. On this occasion, as luck would have it, there was a technical issue and the recording did not commence until three minutes into Russell’s presentation, so our apologies for that. In the first few minutes, Russell thanked all staff for their hard work and their flexibility in responding to the incredible range of changes and unusual requirements and changes of roles during the past seven months during the pandemic. He also acknowledged the vast amount of work that has continued that does not relate to COVID and the importance of that ongoing work. Russell also gave a brief overview of the current status of various projects including:
- New Footscray Hospital Project – explaining that evaluation of construction consortium bids is now well advanced
- Construction of the expanded Sunshine Hospital Emergency Department is well advanced
- Construction of 52 new acute mental health beds at Sunshine over the next 18 months
- Melton Hospital – preliminary planning underway
- EMR – three new modules progressing:
- The first of these, obstetric Digital CTG monitoring, due for implementation by the end of this month
- Infusions – scheduled for early December but this will not go ahead unless and until there is complete assurance of the safety and readiness to proceed
- Roster On improvements – to be rolled out across October
The recording picks up where Russell is discussing the EMR changes. There were a substantial number of questions put to Russell during the webinar, which was approximately 50 minutes long.