- How to Put on your N95 Mask – for Visitors and Patients 14.04.2022
- PPE – Facial Pressure Injuries and Skin Issues from PPE 26.09.2020
- Respiratory Protection Program Guideline 28.09.2020
- PPE – Unsuccessful fit test of a P2/ N95 mask – flowchart 04.10.2021
- Western Health COVID-19 PPE N95 masks 16.09.2021
- PPE – P2 N95 Respirator Mask – Principles of Fit Checking 18.02.2020
- Cupped N95/P2 Mask
TRAINING VIDEOS – P2/N95 Masks
VIDEO – PUTTING ON AND REMOVING A P2 MASK – ALSO KNOWN AS N95 OR DUCKBILL MASK
In this video, our colleagues at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in the US provide an excellent demonstration of the critical safety steps involved in correctly donning and doffing an N95 disposable filtering facepiece respirator, and how to perform a seal check prior to providing patient care in any setting.
They also show the most common mistakes made when placing the straps on your head.
In the early phases of a novel infection, airborne protection is commonly used. In order to protect first responders and healthcare providers from exposure to airborne and novel pathogens, the correct use of an N95 respirator is an important first step.
Whilst Western Health may use different P2/N95 respirator masks to the ones in the video, this is more to demonstrate the principles of the required ‘fit checking’ technique. With the Government stock pile of masks we will not know which mask will be provided to us. Therefore it is important to learn the correct ‘fit checking’ technique principles so we can adapt to any respirator mask provided.
After viewing this video, you will be able to:
- Correctly don a P2/N95 disposable filtering facepiece respirator
- Identify misplacement of straps after donning a P2/N95 disposable filtering facepiece respirator
- Correctly doff a P2/N95 disposable filtering facepiece respirator