While the Victorian Health Service Guidance and Response to COVID Risk level remains at COVID Active, after careful assessment, we are pleased to be able to confirm the following:
- Re-opening Prayer room to staff with appropriate COVID safe strategies. Further information can be found via the Safe Use of the Western Health Prayer and Reflection Rooms QRG.
- Delivery of face to face education has been expanded from mandatory training only to include workshops, competency and skills based training that cannot be conducted via electronic means
- Face to face meetings that directly contribute to the provision of care/ improving the quality of care (e.g. case conference, handovers) are now permitted adhering to physical distancing.
- Meetings that indirectly contribute to care/improving quality of care such as interviews, supervision, general staff meetings should continue to be delivered via electronic means.
- Therapy groups may recommence for inpatients, outpatients, community based rehab and hydrotherapy for patients who would otherwise deteriorate.
In line with COVID Active status, movement across sites still remains restricted and telehealth continues to be recommended for outpatients where clinically feasible.
Where practical, staff performing non-clinical or non-patient facing roles should continue to work from home. This is in line with the Department of Health Movement of Healthcare worker guidance.
Finally, from tomorrow Wed 7 July, we are implementing screening by security of staff attestation completion at our main hospital entry points. If you complete this prior to entry, please take a screenshot (see below) before submitting.
Acting Executive Director Operations