Another day of good news, with Victoria recording zero new COVID-19 cases for the fifth consecutive day. These results naturally raise questions about the easing of restrictions in the community and questions regarding the easing of restrictions within Western Health.
Our COVID leadership team is constantly reviewing ways we can safely ‘open up’ our sites. Recent changes include the re-opening of the prayer and reflection rooms for quiet prayer to staff last week, and the re-opening of our cafes at Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown to seated patrons today. The cafes are required to follow COVID regulations set by the Chief Health Officer and staff at Zouki (Footscray and Williamstown) and Café Adamo (Sunshine) have been working hard to prepare for the safe re-opening of seating. I ask that Western Health staff using the facilities please respect the rules around physical distancing, the appropriate use of PPE, and also the requirement to leave your contact details. See the bulletin below for full details.
While these are happy milestones, it’s important to remember that Western Health, as a major metropolitan health service, is still considered a high-risk setting. For this reason, Western Health will continue to take a very conservative approach to the relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions on our sites in line with DHHS mandates and guidance. I thank you for your continued patience and vigilance. Our COVID microsite has a number of resources that will help us keep each other and our patients safe, including the Keeping Safe at Work During COVID QRG. The DHHS Home Safety Plan is another excellent resource.
Thanks for keeping yourself updated.
COVID-19 Daily Summary
- Number of Respiratory Assessment Clinic presentations yesterday – all sites: 204
- Numbers of confirmed COVID-19 inpatients: 0
- Numbers of staff who have tested positive for COVID 19: 189
- Numbers of staff who are currently on leave for COVID 19: 0
- Numbers of staff who have been cleared to return to work post COVID 19: 189
Re-opening of seating at Western Health cafes
Today the cafes at our Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown sites have re-opened for seated patrons. When using these dining facilities, we all must ensure we are following the directives of the Chief Health Officer.
Please take the time to read the following guidelines that apply at our on-site cafes and request that staff:
- Sit in designated staff seating areas and not in areas reserved for visitor/patient use;
- Provide their contact details and arrival time to cafe staff, which will assist with contact tracing, if necessary;
- Adhere to PPE guidelines, as per use of PPE in other break areas. Masks should only be removed while eating or drinking;
- Safely dispose of PPE and obtain clean PPE from the hygiene stations available in staff seating areas;
- Do not move cafe furniture, which has been arranged in COVID-safe distances;
- Maintain a distance of 1.5m from others at all times.
Prayer and reflection rooms
The prayer and reflection rooms at Sunshine and Footscray have been re-opened for quiet prayer for staff only. To access the rooms, a key will need to be borrowed from reception. For full details, please read the Safe Use of the Western Health Prayer and Reflection Rooms QRG.
Strategic Direction 2021-2023
A reminder that all staff are welcome to contribute to Western Health’s Strategic Direction 2021-2023 via this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8H3MFYD
The executive team is keen to hear your thoughts as we prepare our health service for the future.
The PPE section of our COVID microsite includes an extensive range of resources to help you with the correct selection, and donning and doffing of PPE.
Click here for the latest.
COVID-19 Staff Helpdesk
Western Health has a dedicated COVID-19 Staff Enquiries Helpdesk, which is available to both individual staff and managers. Confidentiality is assured.
Email is recommended as the first point of contact where possible:
Emails will be responded to within 24 hours.
Telephone contact: via Switch 8345 6666, choose option 1 for COVID – then request Staff Enquiries Helpdesk.