As we’re all aware, the COVID outbreaks in various locations across Australia are of concern. For that reason, we are adapting the screening requirements for staff, patients and visitors who have returned from interstate.
All staff who have been to any of the affected states – NSW, Western Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland and the ACT – in the past 14 days, should contact COVID staff enquiries at email@example.com. The next steps will depend on the designated zone of the area you visited.
- If you have been to a RED or ORANGE zone, you should get tested for COVID and do not go to work until you have an individual risk assessment from COVID staff enquiries.
- If you have been to a GREEN zone, you still must contact COVID staff enquiries and seek testing, but you can go to work.
INPATIENTS & EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT PATIENTS
Guidelines for inpatients and patients presenting to ED who have been interstate within the past 14 days:
- RED ZONE: Treat as a suspected COVID-19 case – COVID test and isolate for 14 days.
- ORANGE ZONE: Treat as a suspected COVID-19 case – COVID test and escalate case to the de-isolation HMO (call 8395 9048 or switch 8345 6666) for a risk assessment.
- GREEN ZONE: COVID testing recommended but isolation not required.
VISITORS & OUTPATIENTS
For all visitors and outpatients who have been interstate within the past 14 days, can security please contact the de-isolation Registrar (call 8395 9048 or switch 8345 6666) for further risk assessment prior to being permitted to enter.
The Victorian Government’s Zone Map has further detail about the current status of cities and regions across Australia. Lists of interstate exposure sites can be found at these links: Victoria, NSW, Queensland, ACT, Northern Territory, Western Australia.
To support staff access to testing, in addition to the Sunshine COVID Testing Clinic (which is open from 10am-5.30pm daily), asymptomatic testing will be made available at Footscray Hospital tomorrow (Wednesday) and Thursday from 7.30am-4.30pm in the private consulting rooms.
Acting Executive Director Operations