We encourage all staff to complete the Western Health Standard and Transmission Based Precautions Training Module. Please click on the image to access the course via Welearn.
The information contained within this course can help to keep you, your colleagues and our patients safe.
This course will help staff to understand:
- How an infection occurs
- Standard Precautions
- The three types of Transmission Based Precautions
- The appropriate PPE required and associated donning and doffing techniques for Contact Precautions, Droplet Precautions and Airborne Precautions and how these precautions may be combined in certain situations
- How to perform a fit check for a P2/N95 mask
- The PPE required when working with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patient
- The PPE required when working with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patient undergoing aerosol generating procedures or exhibiting aerosol generating behaviours
- The resources available and where to locate them on the Western Health Coronavirus microsite
Infection prevention is everybody’s responsibility.