We will keep you up-to-date with information and advice from recognised experts.
We publish here, some valuable and informative resources via external links. These are only published once given the go ahead by our Head of Unit for Infectious Diseases, Dr Marion Kainer, or her colleagues.
Please be aware of the dates when these resources were published, noting this is a rapidly evolving situation.
Department of Health and Human Services Posters
General information and testing poster
Slowing the spread of coronavirus poster
Wash your hands regularly poster
Cover your cough and sneeze poster
The Department of Health and Human Services provide current information for both the public and health professionals.
They also have a dedicated DHHS coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398
- DHHS | Information for health services and general practitioners – novel coronavirus
- DHHS | Information for the public – novel coronavirus
- DHHS | Coronavirus (COVID-19) interactive self-assessment
- COVID-19 Pandemic Plan for the Victorian Health Sector
- DHHS | Continuing Medical Education Support for Medical Specialists Advice (as at 19 March 2020)
The World Health Organisation sets standards for disease control, health care, and medicines; conducts education and research programs; and publishes scientific papers and reports.
Australia’s Smart Traveler Website provides information on travel bans currently in place.
The Better Health Channel provides health and medical information to improve the health and wellbeing of people and the communities they live in. The information on their site aims to help people understand and manage their health and medical conditions. It does not replace care provided by medical practitioners and other qualified health professionals. The Channel is fully funded by the Victorian Government
Easy English and Language translations
- Enliven | What you need to know about Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Easy English resource
- Enliven | Self-isolation and Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Easy English resource
- SBS | Coronavirus information in your language
Articles from Credible Experts
We publish here, some valuable and informative articles and reports. These are only published once approved by our Head of Unit for Infectious Diseases, Dr Marion Kainer, or her colleagues.
Please note these articles share the views of the authors, as distinct from Western Health.
Readers must note the dates when these were published by the authors, noting this is a rapidly evolving situation.
- This is interim guidance published by the World Health Organisation on 13 March 2020 – Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 is suspected.
- This video/ webinar from Dr. Bruce Aylward, WHO, lead of the WHO/China joint mission on ‘How to Control Coronavirus in Australia’ is worth watching – How to control coronavirus
- Advice out of Washington state in the United States – How to care for the elderly without putting them at risk of coronavirus
- Please note in particular the measures in Box 1 within this article and consider to what degree these measures could be implemented within your teams – COVID-19 Pre-emptive low cost social distancing measures
- A pandemic can overwhelm the capacity of outpatient facilities, emergency departments (EDs), hospitals, and intensive care units, leading to critical shortages of staff, space, and supplies with serious implications for patient outcomes – Duty to Plan