Wellbeing and Support for Doctors
The coming months will be an incredibly challenging time for all of us. The safety and wellbeing of our staff are at the forefront of our minds and it’s important you exercise care for yourself and others as we face this challenge together. Now more than ever we need to be kind, be considerate and be compassionate towards each patient and fellow staff member. Furthermore, there are a number of ways to seek help and support.
Firstly the Western Health Wellness and Support Hubs offer onsite Employee Assistance and can be found at:
- Footscray: Mavis Mitchell Room – 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Sunshine: Lecture Theatre, WCHRE 1st Floor – open 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Williamstown Hospital: Education Room, Level 1 – open 8.00am to 4.30pm
At any point during the COVID pandemic, you can confidentially debrief with, Dr Sean Fabri who has expressed that he is happy for you to give him a call or send him a text to set up a time on 0417 507 907.
Western Health has developed a specific ‘Community COVID Support’ group on Facebook which you can join. The purpose of this group is to share information and connect doctors with practical, social and emotional support.
In addition, below are phone numbers and links to various services.
• Western Health Employee Assistance Program: confidential counselling
Phone: 1800 099 444
• Victorian Doctors Health Program: confidential counselling service
Phone: 9280 8712
• Drs 4 Drs: 24/7 helpline staffed by senior GPs and experienced counsellors trained in doctors’ health
Phone VIC: 03 9280 8712
• Beyond Blue: online or phone support and some great advice for looking after your mental health.
Phone: 1300 22 4636
• SANE Australia: online or phone support for complex mental health issues.
Phone: 1800 18 7263
For more information on Wellbeing & Support for Western Health staff and volunteers, be sure to check out the Wellbeing & Support section on this site.