1. Management of cardiac arrest in COVID-19 patients
The Australian Resuscitation Council has recently revised guidelines for the management of cardiac arrest in COVID-19 patients. The key modifications to the management of Basic Life Support at Western Health are highlighted in this Flow Chart – Adult Basic Life Support during COVID-19
2. Importance of PPE in medical emergencies
As you all know, D for Danger comes before A for Airway (DR ABC) – make sure you take your time to don your PPE correctly first, even if a patient has arrested in front of you.
This video highlights several key areas:
- The importance of assigning roles early so you can prioritise who to don PPE first
- Using a ‘spotter’ to ensure correct technique of donning PPE
- Using a ‘bouncer’ to aid crowd control and limit numbers