All staff members working on-site must complete a COVID-19 symptom check PRIOR to the commencement of each shift to ensure staff are well and eligible to work. This is a mandatory requirement of the DHHS to reduce transmission of COVID-19 within the healthcare setting.
The survey can be accessed 2 ways:
- By scanning a unique QR code using your smart device. This code will take you directly to the survey
- By entering the following web address on your smartphone/tablet or computer https://tinyurl.com/WHstaffcheck
Please note staff who are unable to access a smartphone / tablet or computer can still access paper based forms via the microsite. These forms will need to be stored by managers for 6 weeks as per current practice.
Why is attendance record not incorporated as part of this electronic survey?
At this stage, the survey has been developed to meet DHHS reporting requirements surrounding symptom checking (staff attestation). The Western Health COVID-19 team are continuing to explore opportunities to enhance the survey and expand capabilities to streamline processes across the network.
Do I need to complete the survey if I am working from home?
No, only staff attending a Western Health work-place need to complete a staff attestation.
How do I complete the survey after I have had an asymptomatic COVID-19 test?
It is safe to return to work after an asymptomatic COVID-19 test. Complete the online survey as required at the start of your shift. The logic built into the survey will result in a summary screen to indicate that you are eligible/safe to attend work as follows:
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms? – Answer NO if you are asymptomatic.
- Have you come in to close contact with a person who has confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days? – Answer NO if you have not been identified as a close contact.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 OR are you awaiting a COVID-19 test result? – Answer YES if you are awaiting a COVID-19 test result. Your answer to this question will result in an additional question:
- Have you been told by a healthcare professional that you meet the criteria to leave isolation and return to work? – Answer YES as you are not told to isolate following asymptomatic testing.
After entering these responses, you will receive a GREEN summary screen indicating you can proceed to work as usual today.
Who can see my information?
Managers will be able to see data entered by all staff within their cost centre. The Staff Enquiries Helpline receives an email alert for staff with ‘at risk’ symptoms. They are responsible for contacting staff and/or managers of staff with ‘at risk’ symptoms to confirm and document their eligibility to attend work.’
Please refer to the QRG Daily Staff Symptom Check or the FAQ Daily Staff Symptom Check for further guidance or contact the Staff COVID-19 Enquiries Helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org