Information for staff who return a positive COVID test result:
- If you have tested positive to COVID, please register your details via this link or via the QR code below. Once the survey has been submitted you will receive an email with guidance relating to your particular situation.
The following information may answer many of your enquiries:
If you have Tested Positive to COVID (via either a RAT or PCR test):
- Do not attend work
- Inform your manager
- Complete WH’s ‘COVID-19 Exposure Notification and Risk Enquiry’ survey via this link, particularly if you have worked on site at Western Health within 48 hours of testing positive.
- If you are unable to access the link, please speak with your manager for assistance.
- You can also refer to WH’s ‘Return to work following exposure or COVID diagnosis’ QRG for more information.
If you have had an Exposure to COVID:
- Follow Vic Gov directives
- Complete a RAT immediately
- Return to work if you are asymptomatic and return a negative RAT
- Follow the return to work conditions for your particular situation. Refer to WH’s ‘Return to work following exposure or COVID diagnosis’ QRG for more information.
If you have returned from International Travel:
- You may return to work if you are asymptomatic.
- Please note – The Victorian Government strongly recommends undertaking a RAT or PCR test within 24 hours of arrival into Australia.
- You must undertake a PCR test or RAT if you develop COVID symptoms within 7 days of arrival into Australia.
COVID Leave Entitlements:
From 1 October, access to staff self-testing will be available only to staff who are symptomatic and test negative on a RAT. Staff who fit this category are welcome to proceed to Williamstown Emergency department to collect and process a self-testing PCR (preferably between the hours of 08:00-11:00am). Alternatively, testing can be accessed at a range of testing sites operating in the community. Please note that staff PCR testing will no longer be available at Sunshine Hospital.
It is no longer required for staff who test positive on a RAT to also undertake a confirmatory PCR test.
RAT collection points
Staff can continue to collect RAT kits from Western Hospital sites as outlined below:
Eligible staff can obtain RAT kits via the main reception desk of Sunshine Hospital between 7am – 8pm (weekdays) and 8am – 8pm (weekends & public holidays)
PCR testing not available. Staff can access RATs via the main reception desk at Footscray Hospital.
Sunbury Day Hospital
Eligible asymptomatic staff can obtain RAT kits from the information desk at Sunbury Day Hospital in the following hours:
7:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Wednesday
7:00am – 4:00pm Thursday and Friday
After hours from Dialysis
Melton & Bacchus Marsh Hospitals
Eligible asymptomatic staff can obtain RAT kits from the IPC team during working hours or the after hours coordinator outside of these times
Eligible asymptomatic staff can obtain RAT kits from the information desk in the following hours:
7:30am – 8:00pm Monday – Friday
12:00pm – 8:00pm Saturday & Sunday
After hours – via emergency