Western Health Library physical space at Footscray and Sunshine is highly collaborative and shared space with many people using computers and tables together in close proximity. In order to implement social distancing practices consistent with preventing the spread of COVID-19 we will be implementing the following measures which will come into effect from Wednesday 25th March.
Footscray Hospital Library
- The Footscray Hospital library space will be closed to general entry including after-hours and weekends.
- Library staff will continue to work onsite Monday to Friday and can be contacted by telephone or email to answer queries and provide you with support.
- There is a book return chute near the entrance door where print loans can be returned.
- The library has already implemented social distancing practices and now we will be implementing the following:
Sunshine WCHRE Library
Current opening times and services will continue for the present time. However only personal devices will be allowed as shared computers need to be cleaned thoroughly between uses as they are a source of cross contamination. It is important that we preserve the use of sterile wipes for the clinical areas, so we have taken the steps to remove keyboards from the library computers.
The library has already implemented social distancing practices and now we will be implementing the following:
- Employees and students will need to bring their own devices to use in the WCHRE Library. Instruction on BYOD is available through Digital Technology Services.
- If preferred staff and students can bring their own keyboard and mouse.
- All food sharing within the library space will be stopped.
- The deck area will remain open for staff to eat lunch but social distancing will be required and reinforced.
We thank you for your understanding during this rapidly evolving situation. This is about us all staying safe and doing our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Western Health Library Service Manager
Please click here to access the PDF version of this memorandum